Can't come to the Zoo? No worries, we can bring the Zoo-to-you!
Our unique Traveling Zoo can visit your school or other institutions throughout the year with programs that educate and entertain. Let the Brandywine Zoo Traveling Zoo come to your facility with outreach programs that focus on hands-on, minds-on learning. Traveling Zoo Programs include:
- Live animal presentations
- BioFacts (animal artifacts)
- Interactive activities
- Reading a story
- And more!
Join our Mailing List
Would you like to receive updates about school programs, including new scholarships, events for schools, or lessons? Then click the button to join our mailing list!
EdZOOcation Program GuideDOWNLOAD our EdZOOcation program guide for teachers to find out more about our school programs. This guide features tours, outreach (Traveling Zoo), special events for schools and student workshops.
To register for a program:
Questions? Call Matt Halterman, Outreach Program Manager at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 or email to schedule a Traveling Zoo program. Please include in your message:
- Step 1: Download and Complete Registration Form (at right)
- Step 2: Program registrations can be faxed (302-577-7480), mailed (Education Department of the Brandywine Zoo, 1001 N. Park Drive, Wilmington, DE 19802), or emailed (DNREC_Parks_ZooPrograms@state.de.us) to the Education Department.
- Step 3: Someone from the Education Department will check program and staff availability and get back to you within two weeks of your registration. If you do not hear back after this time, please email Matt Halterman.
- Step 4: You will receive a contract with your program date (based on availability) within two weeks of your program registration submission. Please call the Education Department (302-571-7850 ext. 208) if you have not received a confirmation.
- Step 5: Discovery Tours - Submit your 50% deposit for your tour to the Brandywine Zoo at the above address with a copy of your contract. Note that Discovery Tour reservations are not considered complete until we receive your 50% deposit for your program. Traveling Zoo - payment is due in advance of your program. *Note that a 15 person or $100 minimum is required for all on-site tours.
- Date and Times
- Program Choice
- Group size, including number of classes, number of students and adults, and age/grade of students.
- Contact information, including email address
- Please advise us of students with special needs when you register.
Questions about outreach programs or scheduling a zoo visit to your site? Please visit the Traveling Zoo page.
The Brandywine Zoo provides WILD Scholarships for school group education programs, including Traveling Zoo and Discovery Tour lessons. 50% Scholarships are available for Title 1 Schools in Delaware.
DOWNLOAD a scholarship application for more details on applying.
Design Your Own Program
Don't see a program that suites your needs? Please call the Zoo's Education Department at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 and let us help you design your own program.
Where can I find out more information?
Contact Matt Halterman, our Outreach Program Manager, with questions or to book a program at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 or email Matt.Halterman@state.de.us.