The Brandywine Zoo is open and we are so happy to welcome you back!
Your Zoo journey may look a little different. We are doing all we can to promote a healthy and fun environment, and in doing so, we also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others.
Throughout your Zoo experience, please be mindful of current CDC guidelines and public health recommendations. As part of our continued commitment to the well-being of our guests, staff and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you’ll notice during your visit. The guidelines listed below are TEMPORARY and will be lifted when it is safe to do so. Changes may occur at any time, so please check this website for current information.
If you have guest passes or a membership with another AZA zoo, please call 302-571-7788 ext. 213.
Brandywine Zoo Members
Advance registration is no longer necessary. Please bring your membership card and photo ID for entry.
Non-members: Reserve Your Timed Session Online
Please reserve your spot at least 30 minutes before the start of the time block. Or become a Brandywine Zoo member and visit without reservations!
Things to know before you visit
- Facial Covering Guidelines: Masks worn should be a fitted medical mask or cloth face mask that secures behind the ears or ties behind the head. NOTE: Crochet/knit masks or bandannas are not acceptable – they still permit moisture from breath to pass freely to the surrounding air and therefore do very little to prohibit potential spread.
- Masks are required for all guests ages 5 and up, and are strongly encouraged for children over the age of 2.
- Brandywine Zoo members please bring your membership card and photo ID for entry. Non-members can make their reservations online.
- All transactions within the Zoo will be paperless (no cash).
- You’ll find hand-sanitizing stations throughout the Zoo for your convenience. Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, the CDC recommends a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints and restrooms using a solution approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please note that porous surfaces, such as those in our Nature Play area, are not able to be sanitized.
- Restrooms (by the entrance) will be open
- Snack bar will be open for beverages, snacks and ice cream (no cash, credit cards only.) Vending machines are available for cash transactions. Water fountain will be closed.
- Gift Shop will be open to one family at a time (masks required). Please bear with us if you are asked to wait to enter the gift shop.
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines at all locations where it is feasible. Please click on the image of the map above to see our recommended visitor travel path.
- Animal habitats will be marked with suggested viewing locations that will help guests appropriately distance while viewing our animals.
- Some exhibits and experiences may be closed during your visit. At this time, no in-person programming will take place. For the safety of our animals, staff, and other guests some areas usually open to the public may be closed off.
- The Barnyard will be closed to visitors, but you can view the goats and chickens from outside their yard.
- If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from others who are not part of your party.