Brandywine Zoo is seeking a dynamic and engaging person to join our team! We are searching for a dedicated candidate to fill a 12-15 weeks minimum time commitment (with the possibility of extending). This is a flexible, part-time, 10-30 hour a week position that will work remotely. This person will serve as a Graphics and Marketing intern and work with the Education Department at the Brandywine Zoo designing graphics for exhibits and programs.
The duties of the Zoo Graphics and Marketing Intern may include creation of graphics for zoo signage, design of marketing material, including ads, banners and flyers for upcoming events and programs, taking and editing photos, social media, and marketing research. They may assist with general marketing tasks or be assigned to special projects as needed. This position will work closely with both the Education Department and Marketing Department to promote programs and zoo events, as well as mobilize community support and awareness for the zoo.
Identify and coordinate zoo marketing with various tourism markets, online calendars, and publicly accessible data. Assist in content development for marketing purposes on various platforms. This is an ideal opportunity to gain practical skills in marketing, development, graphic design and special event management.
- Applicants must be working toward/already have a degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field or have 5 years experience.
- Ability to use general computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Publisher, as well as graphic design programs including Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Applicant MUST have access to Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator programs either on their personal computer or college campus computer. This is largely a remote position and the zoo does not provide a permanent workspace.
- Desire to work in marketing, communications, advertising, promotions/sales, or relevant industry that incorporates these skills.
- Knowledge of social media and web design, and a demonstrated interest in how these channels work in concert.
- At least 17 years old with valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be fluent in the English language (verbal and written communication)
- Overall GPA must be 2.5 or higher
- Good organizational skills
- Able and willing to read and follow verbal and written work instructions and work independently
- Willing to assist with administrative, customer relations, and housekeeping tasks
- Able to commit to upholding all Zoo safety and personnel policies, and support the overall mission
- Able to professionally represent the Brandywine Zoo in all interactions with visitors, staff, and other members of the community
12-15 weeks10-30 hours/week
Term start and end dates are flexible.
Flexible hours required Monday – Sunday with a required check-in with supervisory staff once a week. This position may include regular hours on weekends, as well as some evenings and holidays.
- Full access to the San Diego Zoo Global Academy course-list for the duration of the internship; certificate upon completion.
- Networking opportunity and access to 180+ years of professional experience and knowledge via current zoo staff.
- Free access to all Delaware State Parks during internship or volunteer duration including Delaware Seashore and Fort Delaware.
Application Notes: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. More information can be found at destateparks.com/getinvolved/internships. Be sure to select ‘Brandywine Zoo’ in any questions designating your interest areas and send a follow-up resume.
Please Note: All Delaware State Parks Interns are required to undergo and successfully complete a background check performed by the Division. The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.