I hope you and your family are well and in good health. We, here at the Delaware Zoological Society (DZS) and the Brandywine Zoo, share in your concerns about staying safe. We also are committed to the care of our animals, the education of our visitors, and conservation efforts for wildlife.
I am writing to you today to provide an update on how we are doing during this unprecedented time. Our DZS staff members are continuing to work, but remotely from their homes.
- Our education staff is continuing to prepare for our upcoming camp programs and is excited to share their knowledge about animals and wildlife conservation with our program attendees.
- Our guest services, membership and marketing staff are also working on preparations for the opening of the Zoo later this year and the events we will be hosting.
- Our development staff are working on keeping you up to date on DZS and our financial needs.
The Brandywine Zoo staff is continuing to care for the animals by:
- providing them with nutritious meals
- enrichment items in their habitats
- exemplary veterinarian care for our animals
all while following the guidelines from the CDC and the State of Delaware regarding COVID-19. We are committed to working through this situation and keeping you informed.
We do need your help, though. We rely on your memberships, donations, attendance at our events, and Zoo camp registrations to support our operating budget and zoological staff. Today, we need your contributions to the Delaware Zoological Society Emergency Fund to help us keep everything running smoothly.
Every donation makes a difference in the lives of our staff members and the animals who call the Brandywine Zoo home. I invite you to donate today, and I thank you in advance for your donation to the Delaware Zoological Society supporting the Brandywine Zoo.
I hope to see you at the Zoo soon.
Michael T. Allen
Delaware Zoological Society