Bring your party animals to the Zoo for a WILD birthday celebration!
We are currently booking parties for November-December.
- Rental of Zoo Party Tent or Education Room (depending on availability)
- Party rentals are 2 hours long, plus 30 minutes prior for set up
- Animal Encounter (depending on availability)
- Birthday Package covers 25 guests total
- Party paper goods (napkins, plates, cutlery, tablecloths)
- 2 large cheese party pizzas from Pat’s Pizza (36 slices)
- Water and lemonade station
- We will set up the tables and chairs for you, but cannot host the party (i.e. serve the pizza and cake)
- Party favors can be added for an additional fee of $25
Your Party Time
- 11am: Setup
11:30am: Party starts
1:30pm: Clean up
Members: $375 | Non-members: $435
Reserving a Party
- Dates & times are subject to availability
- We recommend registering at least 3 weeks in advance
- Party rentals are 2 hours long (plus 30 minutes prior for set up)
- 50% deposit is needed in order to make reservation
- Cake is NOT provided. Please bring your own cake or cupcakes
- One chaperone of at least 21 years of age is required
- Zoo is not responsible for child pick up
- NO balloons or piñatas are allowed at the zoo.
- NO SMOKING on Zoo grounds!
- Rentals are NOT considered booked until 50% deposit has been made and a confirmation has been issued
- Full payment MUST be received on the day of the party.
- Additional fees may apply if tent area is not properly cleaned up after or any damage is done.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if it rains or snows on my party day?
The party is still on since it is held under a tent. However, we want you and your guests to be safe in your travels and during your visit, so if you decide it is unsafe, we will reschedule your party as your non-refundable deposit will be good for one year from the date of your original party.
What is inside the party tent area?
- Tables and seating to accommodate 25 guests
- An additional table is available for pizza, birthday cake and presents
- An adjacent area is setup for your animal encounter
What's included in the party packages?
- Tent rental for a maximum of 25 people (adults and children) for 2 hours.
- Water and lemonade station
- Animal encounter (depending on availability)
- We will set up the tables and chairs for you, but cannot not host the party (i.e. serve the pizza and cake).
How do we check-in?
Go to the Main Zoo entrance to check in and your zoo party host will meet you there.
What animals are available for the Party?
There are four categories (mammal, reptile, amphibians, invertebrates) and the educator will choose the best animal for your party. Several factors go into the Educator’s decision as to which animal to show, including animal health and availability, so we cannot guarantee a specific animal will be shown. If there is an allergy issue or a other concern, please let us know so that we can better accommodate your needs.
Can I bring balloons, pinatas or other decorations?
Balloons, piñatas, glitter, noise makers and confetti are not allowed on Zoo property for the safety of the animals. The only decorations you will need, if you desire, are tabletop centerpieces and/or a banner-type display that can be taped to the edge of a table.
What is the refund policy for birthday parties?
Please note, the party deposit is non-refundable unless you cancel your party at least 14 days prior to scheduled party date.
Is there designated parking for the birthday party guests?
Parking at the Zoo is free for everyone. There is not a designated parking area for birthday party guests. Parking is located along the river and along the street in front of Warner Elementary School.
What if I would like to order more pizzas?
We can order Pat’s Pizza on your behalf for your party – $25 for cheese or pepperoni. Please let us know your final order two days before your party.
Does the zoo provide birthday cakes or ice cream?
No, the zoo does not provide birthday cakes. You are allowed to bring in your own birthday cake or cupcakes, but no other outside food and drinks. Ice cream is not included in the birthday package, but our zoo concession stand sells a variety of ice cream and other frozen treats to choose from. If you anticipate wanting ice cream or frozen treats for your guests, please let us know a week ahead of time so that our Concessions Manager can be sure to have enough on hand for you to choose from.
When do I pay my party balance?
Your party balance will be due the Thursday before your party. Your party coordinator will reach out to you on this date with a link for payment. This balance will include the remainder of the party balance, plus any pizzas ordered and extra guests.
Where can adults not attending the party pick up their children?
Parents not attending the party or zoo may pick up their children outside the zoo gates. A parent must pay if coming inside the gates to pick up their child and/or to visit the zoo. Child drop-off and/or pick up will not be the responsibility of your Zoo Party Host or the Brandywine Zoo. Please note that the Party Tent is adjacent to the front gate, so that party drop-off and pick up is convenient for you to supervise.
I would like guests to make a donation to the Zoo in lieu of gifts. How do I do that?
There are multiple donation options available to you and your guests. Donations can be made to the Delaware Zoological Society in support of the Brandywine Zoo. Also, we have a list of items that are needed on our Amazon Wish List that your guests could bring in. Finally, the Brandywine Zoo A.D.O.P.T Program allows you to sponsor a specific animal from our A.D.O.P.T. list in the birthday child’s name.