Bring your party animals to the Zoo for a WILD birthday celebration!
If you are looking for a fun, interesting and educational party location, then host your event at the Brandywine Zoo and support the Zoo’s conservation and education efforts!
Animal Encounter Party Package
$375 members/$435 non-members – Peak Season (May-September) – currently on hold due to COVID-19
$325 members/$385 non-members – Off season (October-April)
- Tent rental inside Zoo entrance which has seating for 25 (or Education Building in the off season)
- Zoo admission for up to 25 party guests (25 total – children and adults includes birthday child and guardians)
- Party paper goods (napkins, plates, cutlery, tablecloths)
- 2 large cheese party pizzas from Pat’s Pizza (equals 4 boxes/36 slices)
- Drinks (lemonade and water bottles)
- Zoo party favor bag for each child
- Birthday gift for birthday child
- Animal Encounter from a traveling zoo animal
- Our staff will provide an engaging animal encounter, however, we cannot offer direct contact with the animals or behind-the-scenes views of animal exhibits.
Birthday Party Add-Ons:
- 2nd Animal Encounter – $100 (Subject to availability)
Pick your Party Time
Choose from two available times:
|11am Party||1pm Party|
|11 AM Party||1 PM Party|
|11:00am Arrive for setup||1:00pm Arrive for setup|
|11:30am Party starts||1:30pm Party starts|
|11:45am Animal Encounter||1:45pm Animal Encounter|
|12:00pm Pizza||2:00pm Pizza|
|12:30pm Party ends and clean up||2:30pm Party ends and clean up|
Reserving a Party
- Dates & times are subject to availability
- We recommend registering at least 3 weeks in advance
- Party rentals are 1 hour long (plus 30 minutes prior for set up)
- 50% deposit is needed in order to make reservation
- Cake is NOT provided. Please bring your own cake or cupcakes
- One chaperone of at least 21 years of age is required
- Your hosts will help ensure that the party runs smoothly, but cannot be responsible for child discipline. At least two adults must attend the party to properly chaperone the children. Zoo is not responsible for child pick up.
- NO balloons or piñatas are allowed at the zoo.
- NO SMOKING on Zoo grounds!
- Rentals are NOT considered booked until 50% deposit has been made and a confirmation has been issued
- Full payment MUST be received on the day of the party.
- Additional fees may apply if room is not properly cleaned up after or any damage is done.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is inside the party tent area?
There are tables and seating to accommodate 25 guests. An additional table is available for pizza, birthday cake and presents. An adjacent area is setup for your animal encounter.
What's included in the party packages?
- 30 minutes of setup time
- One hour of party time in our zoo party tent
- 25 Birthday Party Passes (good for one day zoo admission on the day of your party)
- A party favor bag for each child
- two cheese party pizzas from Pat’s Pizza (Equals 4 boxes/36 pieces)
- Paper goods (cups, plates, forks, napkins, and tablecloths)
- A special gift from the Zoo for the birthday child
- A birthday party coordinator to help with your special day
How do we check-in?
Go to the Main Zoo entrance to check in and your zoo party host will meet you there. If the party is in the off season, you would go directly to the Education building off of Monkey Hill Road.
What if it rains/snows on my party day?
The party is still on since it is held under a tent (or inside the Education Building during the Off Season). However, we want you and your guests to be safe in your travels and during your visit to the Brandywine Zoo, so if you or your Zoo Party Host decides it is unsafe we will reschedule your party as your non-refundable deposit will be good for one year from the date of your original party. (Please note, if you cancel your party at least 7 days prior to the event, you will receive a refund.)
What animals are available for the Party?
There are four categories (mammal, reptile, amphibians, invertebrates) and the educator will choose the best animal for your party. Several factors go into the Educator’s decision as to which animal to show, including animal health and availability, including if the animal is booked for another program, so we cannot guarantee a specific animal will be shown. If there is an allergy issue or a other concern, please let us know so that we can better accommodate your needs.
Can I bring balloons, pinatas or other decorations?
Balloons, piñatas, glitter, noise makers and confetti are not allowed on Zoo property for the safety of the animals. The only decorations you would need, if you desire, are tabletop centerpieces and/or a banner-type display that can be taped to the edge of a table.
What if I have more than 25 party guests?
You will receive 25 Zoo Party Passes good only for the zoo admission on the day of your party. You will be responsible for distributing your Zoo Party Passes. You may pick your passes up at the zoo ahead of time, but please make arrangements with your booking agent ahead of time so that we may have them prepared for you.
Please note any extra guests beyond 25 will be charged $7(adult), $5(senior) & $5(child) during peak season and $5(adult), $4(senior) & $3(child) during off-season. Guest Passes from a membership are accepted.
(Please keep in mind that the Zoo Party Tent is only set up to accommodate up to 25 guests.)
Is there designated parking for the birthday party guests?
Parking at the Zoo is free for everyone. There is not a designated parking area for birthday party guests. Parking is located along the river, at the Education Building parking lot, and along the street in front of Warner Elementary School.
What if I would like to order more pizzas?
You may order extra pizza (Cheese $20, Pepperoni $25). Please let us know at least three days ahead. We pre-order pizzas before your party date.
Does the zoo provide birthday cakes or ice cream?
No, the zoo does not provide birthday cakes. You are allowed to bring in your own birthday cake or cupcakes, but no other outside food and drinks. Ice cream is not included in the birthday package, but our zoo concession stand sells a variety of ice cream and other frozen treats to choose from. If you anticipate wanting ice cream or frozen treats for your guests, please let us know a week ahead of time so that our Concessions Manager can be sure to have enough on hand for you to choose from.
When do I pay my party balance?
Pay your coordinator at the end of the party for the balance due (either cash, check or credit card).
Where can adults not attending the party or the zoo pick up their children?
Parents that are not attending the party or zoo may pick up their children outside the zoo gates. A parent must pay if coming inside the gates to pick up their child and/or to visit the zoo. Child drop-off and/or pick up will not be the responsibility of your Zoo Party Host or the Brandywine Zoo. However, please note that the Party Tent is adjacent to the front gate, so that party drop-off and pick up is convenient for you to supervise. Any additional adults or children will be charged zoo admission upon arrival at the zoo. Admission: $7/Adults, $5/ Seniors, $5/ Children ages 3-17
In lieu of gifts, I would like to ask guests to make a donation to the Zoo. How do I do that?
There are multiple donation options available to you and your guests. Donations can be made to the Delaware Zoological Society in support of the Brandywine Zoo. Also, we have a list of items that are needed on our Amazon Wish List that your guests could bring in. Finally, the Brandywine Zoo A.D.O.P.T Program allows your donation to go to a specific animal from our A.D.O.P.T list. The animal can be “A.D.O.P.T.ed” in the birthday child’s name so that the donation goes to the care of that animal. A range of animals and prices are available in the A.D.O.P.T Program