Thursday, October 17, 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Friday, October 18, 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday, October 19, 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Celebrate Halloween Brandywine Zoo-style with this merry, not scary, event. Come dressed in your Halloween costumes and trick or treat at different stations, stop by fun activities, and see how our animals behave after hours! Tickets are available at gate and online. Online purchase may be made up to 2pm day-of event. Gate entry with pre-purchased ticket is faster.
Members: Free | Non-Members: $6/person (ages 3+)
Members: Please bring your Brandywine Zoo membership card and ID with you to the gate. No pre-registration required!
Reciprocal Zoos and guest passes will not be accepted for this event.
Bring your business to Boo!
Each year, we invite local businesses to set up trick-or-treat stations in the Zoo. Organizations are encouraged to come in costume and decorate their stations. Each night a winner of the “best station” will be selected and receive a special tour and animal encounter! Annually, we see 1000-1200 visitors from the tri-state area each night!
Download a booth vendor and sponsor letter for more information, or complete our online Sponsor and Vendor Form and someone from the Zoo will get back to you!
Questions? Email Emily.Culkin@delaware.gov
Can’t come to Boo? There are always sponsorship and donation opportunities for your business to support the event!
Is there a fee for vendors?
There is no fee to set up a table for Boo at the Zoo, though we encourage businesses to donate $50 or even become a sponsor.
What should we bring?
- A “treat” handout like candy* (see below for choosing Wildlife Friendly Candy). We have seen up to 1,200 people per night, with about half that being kids. While we encourage a “one piece per kid” rule, don’t be surprised if the same trick-or-treater comes back more than once!
- We encourage vendors to also bring a “toddler friendly” option*, such as pretzels, cheese-flavored snack crackers, or a non-food item, as a large number of our families who attend have very young children.
- A table (we have a limited number available first-come, first-served).
- Battery operated lights for your table top (such as a string of twinkle lights). This helps your table to “pop” as it’s getting dark out!
- An extension cord if you have anything that needs to be plugged in (we have a limited number available first-come, first-served).
*All trick-or-treat candy/handouts must come in a sealed bag and be individually wrapped pieces. Handouts will be inspected by staff prior to the event beginning. Prohibited handout items: silly bands/rubber bracelets, balloons, bouncy balls, or other small objects that might accidentally end up in animal enclosures and pose a hazard. If you plan on having a handout that generates a lot of waste, such as temporary tattoos or stickers, please plan on managing your trash during the event with a small trashbag or wastebin and cleaning up after yourself.
Are there other requirements?
- Bring a festive attitude to this fun event! Vendors are encouraged to come in costume and decorate their stations!
- Be available to staff a station both nights of the event.
Wildlife Friendly Candy
- Palm oil is a vegetable oil that is produced from the palm fruit. This crop, native to Africa, is being unsustainably cultivated in Africa, Asia, and North and South America. In order to grow this crop, huge forested areas are being cut down for palm oil plantations which impacts native wildlife by removing critical habitats. In order to help aid wildlife, we ask that you make responsible choices when shopping. The Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) was established for companies to commit to using certified sustainable palm oil.
The Halloween Candy industry is a huge consumer of palm oil. If unable to find palm oil-free candy, please use the following guide from Cheyenne Mountain Zoo to find companies that have committed to sustainable palm oil use through the RSPO.
For more information:
Keep checking back to see who is participating in Boo at the Zoo this year!
If your organization would like to sponsor our event through a monetary donation or gift card to be used for candy or decorations, there are two levels of sponsorship.
Sponsors at the $500+ level
Receive all of the benefits of the Pumpkin Level, plus YOUR logo will receive prominent recognition in our Zoo News: Boo at the Zoo wrap-up, and our Annual Donors and Sponsor List. You will also be invited to a special private tour and a live animal encounter for up to 5 people.
Sponsors at the $100-499 level
Your logo will appear on our sponsor board at the event and appear on our Boo at the Zoo web page with other Pumpkin Level Sponsors.