Reports to/Department: Under the supervision of the Education Department
Position Description: The Brandywine Zoo Volunteer Camera Club is for adult Zoo members with an interest in photography. Camera Club Volunteers will be invited to attend regularly scheduled photo shoots in the Zoowhich may includes early access to the Zoo or animal exhibits that you may not have otherwise.Camera Club Volunteers will contribute to the Zoo s catalogue of collection animal images and raise awareness of associated species conservation efforts.
As a member of the club, your photos could be seen in Brandywine Zooâ€™s marketing materials,advertising, website, ZooNewsarticles, eNews, social media pagesand more.In addition, Camera Club Volunteersserve a vital role in documenting Zoo activities like special visits and events.
- Assist in documenting Zoo activities, meetings, animals and events.
- Coordinate with staff to take photos of designated projects.
- Volunteers are expected to produce creative, high-quality, unique images for use in a variety of media and promotional materials.
- Club members must: attend at least five events/programs per year and provide their photos to the Zoo for use in marketing materials
- Possess their own high quality camera, such as a digital SLR, and related necessary equipment.
- Engage Zoo guests, providing exceptional guest service, both internally and externally.
- Wear Volunteer Camera Club Photo Badge while taking photos for the Zoo.
This Opportunity is GOOD for People Who:
- Have a passion for photography.
- Photography skills ranging from amateurs to professionals; there is no required level of skill.
- Experience photographing people, animals, and events in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to lift 25 to 50 pound bags with little to no assistance.
- Must pass a background check
- Must demonstrate photographic ability by providing examples of work during an interview.
Training: No training is necessary. As this club grows, regular meetings with other club members will be encouraged to discuss photography and share tips and pointers.
Required Time Commitment:Attend at least 5 events/programs per year.
Shift Times: Undetermined
Scheduling: Work with the Education Department to meet their needs for upcoming programs and events.
To Apply: All volunteers must complete the DE State Parks Volunteer Application. Volunteers must also complete and pass a background check administered by DE State Parks. For more information, please visit www.destateparks.com/volunteers.
Questions: Email us at Education@BrandywineZoo.org.