Brandywine Zoo is looking for a zoo enthusiast that can be on-the-ground during our open hours with preference for weekend days all year round and any days in the summer that could engage our guests about their experience and have them fill out a 5-10 question survey. Fall and Spring volunteers are continuing the on-the-ground work of the summer volunteers and giving us a full year round view of trends, engagement and data reporting. A Winter term volunteer for this position would be pooling data together.
This Opportunity is GOOD for People Who:
- Enjoy talking with others in an exciting and engaging manner.
- Like meeting new people.
- Want to be an ambassador for the zoo.
- Are independent, self-motivated, and require minimal supervision.
- Like to interact with both children and adults.
- 14 years of age or older.
- Must be fluent in the English language (verbal and written communication).
- Able to professionally represent the Brandywine Zoo in all interactions with visitors, staff, and other members of the community that may visit the zoo.
- Able and willing to read and follow verbal and written work instructions and work independently.
- Able and willing to speak in front of mixed age audiences
Training: Volunteer must have screening interview with Volunteer Manager.
Required Time Commitment: Minimum of 10 hours of service per month. Preference for weekend days all year round.
Shift Times: 10am – 1pm and 1pm – 4pm (could do both shifts if interested).
Scheduling: Shift availability in VolunteerMark
- Networking opportunity and access to 180+ years of professional experience and knowledge via current zoo staff.
- Free access to all Delaware State Parks during internship or volunteer duration including Delaware Seashore and Fort Delaware
To Apply: All volunteers must complete the DE State Parks Volunteer Application. Volunteers must also complete and pass a background check administered by DE State Parks. For more information, please visit https://destateparks.com/Volunteer.
Questions: Email email@example.com